Magazine » Promoting your salon on Instagram
The internet is can be used for more than amusing cat videos and blog posts ideal for procrastination. Utilized properly, the various social networking sites can successfully promote your business, and give that all-important personal touch to your salon to boot.
A haven of delicious food photos and cute animal vids, Instagram is also an effective tool to engage with your clients as well as follow those ever-changing celebrity styles.
Before you get started, there are a few tips to gain a good following…
– Firstly, you need to gain followers. From your settings, there will be a selection of suggested users depending on your profile. This is a great starting point. By following a range of suggested users from celebrities to beauty inspiration sites, you will have a fantastic selection of Instagrammers.
– By clicking through to your Explore section, you can see a range of popular photos from various Instagrams associated with hair and beauty.
– #Hashtag. Hash-tagging your photos leads to a higher ‘like’ rate. Remember not to overload your photos with hashtags that may put the Instagrammer off. You can also use the hashtag to find ideal posts for you to like.
– What’s the most popular sort of posts? Yes, you’re going to have a range of beauty themed posts, but you can also broaden your horizons and show your clients the personal side too. Working in the salon sector is a people business. Images of your latest staff-do or clients satisfied with their new looks as well as celebrity inspiration and style can optimize your salon.
– Follow back. Check who is following you and follow back!
– Comment. Commenting on your clients Instagrams will keep you in the fall-front of their mind when they next need a cut and blow-dry.
– Promote your instagram on Twitter and Facebook. Make your customers aware your Instagram exists! A simple poster displaying the various social platforms will encourage follows from those who matter; your clients!
– Share your photos on social networking also! Simply link to Facebook and Twitter and you can have your posts feature as statuses and tweets.
– Get picky! Don’t just upload all of your images. Carefully select the cream of the crop and spend your time choosing the appropriate filter. Uploading a large amount of photos desensitizes your customers from your brand whilst well-picked imagery promotes you to the fullest.
– Make sure your account is public.
– @mention anything and anyone appropriate for your post. Remember not to bombard your customers. To use effectively, get personal! If you’ve had a client in the midst of planing their summer holiday, post a photo of somewhere you recommended and @mention them…
– Geotag your photos to add depth.
15 of the most popular Instagram #hashtags
*Remember, too many hashtags can have the opposite effect!*
As mentioned throughout, Instagram is the perfect opportunity to really connect with your customers on a personal level. Salons are all about interaction so get snapping and reap the rewards!